The new 7 Series, i7 sedan, X7 and XM SUVs, and the X7 are the four new launches BMW India has planned to join its luxury lineup in the upcoming months. The sedans are scheduled to arrive here in mid-December before the first of the former two. The older-generation X7 SUV has also been in high demand, as has the German automaker’s iX electric SUV, which has sold out entirely.
The BMW all-new 7 Series, new i7 electric sedan, facelifted X7, and even the XM super-SUV is all set to launch soon. Here, we look at each of these upcoming BMWs in India.
The X7 is the only vehicle in this group that will receive a facelift, but it does so with a significant alteration to its appearance. The X7 facelift, unveiled in April this year, features a fully revamped front fascia and introduces the company’s new split headlight design. The latest curved infotainment screen from BMW, which features a 14.9-inch touchscreen and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster running the most recent iDrive eight software, is another significant interior change.
The X7 will be available in India in both xDrive 40i and drive 30d configurations. The 380-horsepower inline six-cylinder petrol engine in the former and the 352-horsepower inline six-cylinder diesel engine in the latter are increases of 40 horsepower and 87 horsepower over their respective present specifications in India. Both engines have 48V mild hybrid technology and come standard with an 8-speed automated gearbox and all-wheel drive.
The mid-engined M1 supercar from the late 1970s is the only other product made exclusively for BMW Motorsport before the XM. The XM, which debuted earlier this month, combines a twin-turbo 483hp, 4.4-litre V8 engine with mild-hybrid technology to create the first M vehicle with a plug-in hybrid drivetrain. The 8-speed automatic gearbox has a single electric motor that adds another 194 horsepower for a total power output of 653. The combined torque is 800 Nm, and it has an 80 km range when operated entirely in electric mode.
Latest Car News
The XM, around the same size as the X7, looks radically different and is guaranteed to spark debate over aesthetics. Although the rear seating section has been designed as an “M Lounge,” placing a greater overt emphasis on occupant comfort than any M car before, the interior retains a typical BMW arrangement. Additionally, it receives the most comprehensive suite of driver-aid features ever installed in a BMW vehicle, the newest iDrive 8 system.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be