Tata Motors showcased the sportiest version of the Altroz hatchback, the Altroz Racer, at the Auto Expo 2023. The Tata Altroz Racer has cosmetic and feature upgrades, including styling changes and a new infotainment system. The most significant changes on the Altroz Racer are its new 10.25-inch touchscreen, a new digital instrument cluster and a sunroof. It is the most powerful Altroz ever.
The look and exterior styling of the Altroz Racer are similar to the regular Altroz. What makes it different are features like an electrically adjustable sunroof with voice assist, which is a first for any Altroz variant.
The front gets a chrome bar across its width and gets the all-black treatment. The headlights also get the blacked-out treatment. There is a blacked-out roof, twin white racing stripes along the bonnet, and racer badges on the front fenders.
At the rear, the Altroz gets a rear spoiler along with a shark fin antenna. Apart from this, the design of the alloy wheels is similar to the standard Altroz, and the Racer gets an all-black finish.
The Tata Altroz Racer gets new all-black upholstery with red contrast stitching, red and white stripes and racer embossing on the head restraints. The Altroz racer gets a new 10.25-inch touchscreen unit along with new software.
Apart from this, it gets a new 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster, ventilated front seats, 6 airbags, wireless charging and an air purifier.
One of the Tata Altroz Racer’s main highlights is its powertrain, which still gets the same 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine as the Altroz iTurbo. This engine now makes 120hp power and 170Nm torque – 10hp and 30Nm more than the iTurbo. With this power upgrade, the Altroz Racer generates the same power as the Hyundai i20 N Line, with 120hp power and 172Nm torque, which is 2Nm more than the Racer.
Interestingly, the Altroz Racer will be offered a 6-speed manual gearbox instead of the 5-speed manual found on the iTurbo. However, there is yet to be a confirmation whether it will get a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Tata has yet to reveal the launch timeline of the Altroz racer, as it was just showcased at the Auto Expo 2023. However, Tata may give it a new 1.2-litre direct-injection engine. If the Altroz Racer is launched in the Indian market, it will compete with the Hyundai i20 N Line. The price ranges from Rs 9.99 lakh to Rs 12.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be