On the second day of the ongoing Auto Expo 2023 in Greater Noida, Maruti Suzuki introduced its much-awaited 5-door Jimny for the Indian market. The 5-door Jimny of this rough and tough SUV has been introduced in India. The company has started booking the model through its premium vehicles dealer network Nexa. The SUV can be booked both online and by visiting the dealership. The booking amount for the SUV has been kept at Rs 11,000.
The automobile manufacturer has yet to disclose the model’s market launch date, but rumours suggest it will be in showrooms by August 2023. The future 5-door variants of the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha will compete with the new 5-door Jimny.
Exteriors The Jimny 5-door is built on a ladder frame chassis, with decent body angles, three-link rigid axle suspension and ALLGRIP PRO (4WD) with low-range transfer gear (4L mode). This SUV can run on all kinds of terrains with ease and agility.
Looks and Design However, both versions of the Maruti Jimny look similar and come with a boxy profile. These include round headlight units, vertical slat grille and large fenders, which gives it a powerful and rugged look. The Jimny 5-door SUV will be available in 7 colour options – five monotone shades and two dual-tone options. These include the globally famous Kinetic Yellow shade, created initially to make the SUV stand out in inclement weather conditions.
The interior of the Jimny is equipped with great features. The cabin of the SUV gets an HD display and a 9-inch Smart Play Pro+ infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Premium sound acoustic tuning is also available in the cabin through ‘Surround Sense’ by ARKAMYS.
For power in Maruti Jimny, the K-series 1.5-liter engine is available with idle start-stop technology. This engine generates 2 77.1 kW power at 6000 rpm and 134.2 Nm torque at 4000 rpm. This engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
The Jimny 5-door SUV comes with a host of safety features. It gets features like 6 airbags, brake (LSD) limited-slip differential, ESP with hill hold assist, hill descent control, rear-view camera and ABS with EBD.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be