The Indo-Japanese automaker’s two eagerly anticipated new vehicle releases in the nation are the Fornx and Jimny 5-door SUVs. Both models can be reserved at any accredited Nexa dealership or online at the brand’s official website. Maruti Jimny will start on sale in May 2023, while Maruti Fronx’s pricing will be revealed in March. The Fronx is a sub-4 metre crossover competing with the Nissan Magnite and Renault Kiger. On the other hand, the off-road 5-door SUV will have no direct competitors in India.
The carmaker has confirmed that the Jimny 5-door model selection will include the Zeta and Alpha variants. A 1.5L K15B petrol engine with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission powers the SUV. The mild hybrid technology-enhanced motor has a maximum output of 105 horsepower and 134 Nm of torque. The new Maruti SUV has a manual transfer case, low range gearbox, and Suzuki’s AllGrip Pro 4WD system with 2WD-high, 4WD-high, and 4WD-low.
The company has given the 2017 Maruti Jimny a 3-link rigid axle suspension and an electronic traction control system to improve its off-road capability further. The SUV has a ground clearance of 210mm, a 36-degree approach angle, a 24-degree break-over angle, and a 50-degree departure angle. Hill hold assistance, hill descent control, and brake limited slip differential are further features.
The top-tier Alpha trim comes equipped with amenities like a 9-inch SmartPlay Pro+ touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, an Arkayms tuned premium sound system, automatic climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, retractable power ORVMs, cruise control, push-button engine start/stop, automatic headlamps, alloy wheels, fog lamps, LED headlamps with DRLs, dark green glass, body-coloured side mirrors, and headlamp washer.
The next Maruti Jimny 5-door SUV is anticipated to have a base price of roughly Rs 10 lakh and a maximum price of up to Rs 12.50 lakh.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be