According to a recent claim on the internet, Renault and Nissan are anticipated to make a significant announcement regarding their future investments in India soon. It further mentions that an about 500 million USD (4,000 crores) investment is close to being approved and that the resources will be focused on developing the CMF-B architecture in India.
As a result, just like Skoda and Volkswagen did as part of the India 2.0 initiative, Renault and Nissan will take advantage of the platform’s modular and adaptable design to regionally extend each company’s portfolio. According to reports, the next-generation Duster, the nameplate that significantly improved Renault’s brand image, will also be made possible by the increased investments.
The Duster was one of the first SUVs to realise the possibilities of the contemporary midsize sector fully. Currently, Nissan and Renault’s vehicles employ the CMF-A and M0, although the ageing M0 won’t be around for very long as it only supports the meh Kicks. The CMF-B architecture is, therefore, very important to the alliance.
It will enable Renault and Nissan to place their new models in premium segments with various body types and sizes while obtaining economies of scale to offer them at reasonable prices. The next-generation Duster and a larger midsize SUV for Renault based on the Bigster concept will both be built on the extensively localised CMF-B platform.
Almost two years ago, Dacia, a sibling brand of Renault, debuted the Bigster concept. It is built on the extended CMF-B modular platform, which was most recently used by the Renault Clio V. The market for midsize three-row SUVs is undoubtedly expanding, so Renault may take advantage of this by releasing a seven-seat version of the future Duster.
The Mahindra XUV700, Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus, and Hyundai Alcazar could be competitors, though it’s too soon to tell. The next-generation Duster might eventually give rise to a Nissan derivative and possibly even a seven-seater version. At the moment, all eyes are on the forthcoming Duster, which is anticipated to debut between 2024 and 2025.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be