The Delhi Auto Expo, which starts on January 11th in Greater Noida, is where the 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny will premiere worldwide. In addition, the Indo-Japanese automaker will debut the completely updated Maruti Baleno Cross. A recent media report states that the 5-door Maruti Jimny will go on sale in April, and the Baleno Cross compact SUV will follow in August 2023. The new Jimny will be marketed as a lifestyle off-road SUV to appeal to a more extensive client base. The future 5-door Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha will be pitted against it.
5-door Maruti Jimny Engine & Power
This off-roader SUV will be made available in India with a 1.5-liter K15C naturally aspirated petrol engine with mild hybrid technology. This setup will generate 101 bhp max power and 137 Nm torque. The new Brezza, Grand Vitara, and the updated Ertiga and XL6 also share the same powertrain. The new 5-door Jimny can be given a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
5-door Maruti Jimny will be a powerful off-roader
Like the Maruti Grand Vitara, the 5-door Maruti Jimny will come with Suzuki’s AllGrip Pro AWD system. It is worth noting that the Vitara’s AllGrip AWD setup misses out on the low-ratio gears that enhance the car’s off-road driving capability by increasing engine torque and limiting top speed. It can be changed between 2H (two-wheel drive high) and 4H (four-wheel drive high) for off-roading.
5-door Maruti Jimny Features
Official details of the new Jimny 5-door have yet to be revealed. However, it will likely come with a more extensive 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system instead of the 7-inch unit. Some of its features will be taken from the new Brezza and Grand Vitara. The new SUV may also have some connected car features. Delhi Auto Expo is awaited to know more about the new Jimny 5-door.
5-door Maruti Jimny Competition
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door will compete directly with the 5-door versions of the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha. Both are currently in the development phase, and test models of both the new SUVs have already been spotted.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be