In 2023, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) plans to introduce many new models for the local market. The YTB small crossover and the Jimny five-door variant are anticipated to make their global debuts in 2023, so the Auto Expo will give us a sneak peek of what’s to come. By the conclusion of this fiscal year, the former might be for sale.
However, the latter could only be available in showrooms in the second quarter of the following FY (around August 2023). The Jimny, a tiny SUV on sale worldwide for decades, is famed for its off-road prowess and practicality. But the Gypsy has the same characteristics in India.
The future five-door Jimny might serve as the Gypsy’s spiritual replacement, and given how well-liked it is in the off-road world, it might even be renamed the new Gypsy. Since the beginning of last year, the three-door global Jimny has been produced at MSIL’s Haryana plant and is sent to several foreign markets to meet demand.
Similarly, India may serve as a production hub for the five-door Jimny, enabling its export to a wide range of nations. The five-door Mahindra Thar, the five-door Force Gurkha, and the lifestyle off-road SUV will be competitors. It will be driven by a 1.5 litre, four-cylinder, mild hybrid K15B petrol engine.
All Maruti Suzuki vehicles, except for the Ciaz, now have the new K15C powertrain. Its maximum power can produce 103 PS, and its maximum torque is 138 Nm. A four-speed torque converter automatic transmission will be an option in the Jimny/new Gypsy, while a five-speed manual transmission will be the default setup.
Although there are two more doors to accommodate more passengers, the five-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny will still maintain the iconic look. As a result of the larger wheelbase, the interior and boot volumes are also anticipated to grow. The nine-inch touchscreen interface with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity will probably be among the features.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be