The 5-Door Mahindra Thar has been waiting for a long time in the Indian market. This is one of the most significant new car launches of 2023. The SUV was earlier expected to be unveiled at the Auto Expo 2023. However, Mahindra and Mahindra have decided not to participate in the Auto Expo.
According to the new report, this off-road Mahindra SUV can be introduced on January 26 (Independence Day). The company still needs to confirm the official debut date and launch timeline of the 5-Door Mahindra Thar SUV. According to the report, its sale can be started in the second half of 2023.
Mahindra Thar 5-Door Dimensions
In India, the 5-door Thar will compete with the upcoming 5-door Maruti Jimny and Force Gurkha. It is also believed that the company may use the new nameplate for the long-wheelbase variant of the Thar. The Mahindra Thar 5-Door will be 15 per cent longer than its 3-door sibling, measuring 3,985mm in length.
Mahindra Thar 5-Door Engine
The new 5-door Mahindra Thar will offer 2.2L mHawk diesel and 2.0L medallion petrol engine options. The same engine is also available in the 3-door version. However, both motors can be re-tuned for more power and torque output. With this, the option of manual and automatic gearboxes can be found. It could be offered with 4X4 and 4X2 drivetrain options.
The 5-Door Mahindra Thar could be offered in 6 and 7-seat configurations. Making up for the extra cabin space, the interior layout and features of the new Mahindra Thar are expected to be similar to the 3-door version.
5-Door Mahindra Thar Price
The price for the 3-door version of the Mahindra Thar ranges between Rs 13.59 lakh to Rs 16.29 lakh. This price is according to the ex-showroom. The 5-door Thar is expected to cost around Rs 90,000 to Rs 1 lakh more than the 3-door model.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be