Mahindra has been testing the five-door version of the second-generation Thar on public roads for the past few months. When launched in India, it will compete against the upcoming five-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny and five-door Force Gurkha, while the long-wheelbase Gurkha has already been spied on multiple times.
While the Maruti Jimny 5-door is expected to debut at the Auto Expo 2023, it will be launched in India in the 2nd half of next year. On the other hand, the five-door Force Gurkha is likely to reach dealerships early next year. Speculations around the official unveiling of the 5-door Mahindra Thar vary on the internet.
Some outlets have claimed that the upcoming lifestyle-themed off-road SUV will appear in late 2023 before being launched in the domestic market in early 2024. And a new report suggests that the model will be unveiled early next month. We would not be surprised if this happens, given that the test model spotted is in near-production condition.
The report further states that the five-door Mahindra Thar will be revealed on January 26, 2023. Mahindra makes patriotic days or any other day of national importance more memorable. Citing their sources, it has been said that the big Thar will be available for sale only in the second half of 2023.
The five-door Mahindra Thar will have much in common with the new ladder frame debuting in the Scorpio N. It will have longer rear doors to accommodate more passengers inside and is expected to be more practical by offering more space for the occupants and carrying more luggage at the rear.
Considering the changes made to improve practicality, it will be interesting to see whether the SUV’s off-roading characteristics will be affected. It will draw power from the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder mHawk diesel and 2.0-litre four-cylinder mStallion petrol engines. However, there could be a change in the power and torque figures to offset the extra weight.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be