The domestic automaker’s forthcoming 5-door Mahindra 5-door Thar off-road SUV is scheduled to go on sale in 2023. Although the model’s official launch date has yet to be disclosed, it is anticipated to be on sale in 2024. This position will be put up against the future 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny and 5-door Force Gurkha. Its pricing is expected to be between Rs 70,000 and Rs 80,000, more expensive than the equivalent 3-door model, which ranges from Rs 13.59 to Rs 16.29 lakh (ex-showroom).
Before its formal debut, the test mule repeatedly showed us interior and exterior design elements. The new 5-door Thar will be a more helpful option for family purchasers than its 3-door counterpart. Both the boot area and the backseat passengers will have additional interior space. It will also entice off-road fans with its tough aesthetics and 4X4 capability.
The 5-door Mahindra Thar will have a 22% longer wheelbase and 15% longer than its younger sister. While maintaining an ideal wheelbase-to-track ratio for better stability, the expanded wheelbase will lessen its “break over” angle, and the width between the wheels may be increased. The current version of the off-road SUV is 3,985mm long and has a 2,450 mm-long wheelbase.
The new 5-door Mahindra Thar will be powered by the same 2.2L mHawk diesel and 2.0L mStallion gasoline engines used in the 3-door Thar. However, the car manufacturer may fine-tune the motor to produce more power. It can be available in 6- and 7-seat configurations. Except for the increased room in the second row, the overall interior design and features will be comparable to the 3-door Thar. The spy pictures reveal that the 5-door Thar will perfectly resemble its more minor sister. It will have square LED taillamps, a spare wheel on the tailgate, and a high-mounted stop lamp.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be