Vehicle manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra recently launched the 4×2, rear-wheel drive variant of its 3-door Thar SUV, which uses a smaller diesel engine. After this, the company will also bring a new 5-door Thar model. This car has been spotted many times during testing. Some new details about the car have come to the fore from some of the spied pictures.
More powerful petrol and diesel engine options can be found in this 5-door model of Thar, which is used in Scorpio N. The 5-door Mahindra Thar will likely get a 2.0-litre turbo petrol and a 2.2-litre turbo diesel. The same engine is also found in the 3-door Thar, Scorpio N and XUV700. However, its power and torque can be returned. There will be a choice of a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The 5-door Mahindra Thar will be offered with both 4×4 and 4×2 options. This 5-door model will be based on the ladder-on-frame chassis of the Scorpio N, which will be updated for a smaller lifestyle SUV. It will get a 4×4 system and a manual-shift transfer system, similar to the 3-door model.
The new 5-door Mahindra Thar will get a longer wheelbase of around 300mm compared to the 3-door model. It is also expected to get new body panels. The track or the width between the wheels of the car is likely to be increased to give a better wheelbase-to-track ratio. In this, doors will be given on both sides to go to the seats of the second row. The SUV will continue with its boxy looks, rear door-mounted spare wheel, signature grille, round-shaped headlamps and flared wheel arches.
The entire dashboard and central console design will be similar to the 3-door model. Some new features can be found in 5-door Thar. It can also get an updated infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, a front centre armrest and a sunglass holder. The second row of the 5-door Mahindra Thar will see more space. This SUV can be offered in 4 and 5-seat layouts. Big boot space can be seen in this car.
The company can launch this new car during the festive season before Diwali this year. May launch new 5-door Mahindra Thar. The car will compete with the recently introduced Maruti Suzuki 5-door Jimny, powered by a 1.5 L K 15B petrol engine.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be