Several new SUVs have entered our market over the last two years. The Urban Cruiser Hyryder was unveiled by Toyota, while Maruti Suzuki had just announced the new Brezza and Grand Vitara. In the last couple of years, new SUVs from Tata and Mahindra have also been introduced to our market.
This article discusses the top 4 upcoming SUVs that would be available in our market for less than Rs 15 lakhs.
The Jimny lifestyle SUV from Maruti Suzuki is currently being prepared in a long-wheelbase form, which is anticipated to be unveiled at the 2023 Auto Expo. The new vehicle will be a 5-seater SUV based on the Jimny Sierra. The Mahindra Thar and the Force Gurkha will be competitors. According to leaked documents, the 5-door model will have dimensions of 3,850mm in length, 1,645mm in width, and 1,730mm in height. It will have a 2,550mm wheelbase, a 300mm increase over the Sierra’s. The SUV will reportedly have a kerb weight of 1,190kg, which is 100kgs more than the 3-door Sierra. It will also reportedly have a 210mm ground clearance.
The new 1.5-litre K15C naturally aspirated petrol engine with a moderate hybrid setup will power the 5-door Maruti Jimny. This engine generates 137Nm of torque and 101bhp of power. There will be a 6-speed torque converter automatic and a 5-speed manual transmission option. The latest and most capable version of Suzuki’s AllGrip technology, the AllGrip Pro AWD system, will be used in the new Jimny 5 door. The new model is anticipated to cost between Rs. 10 lakh and Rs. 15 lakh.
Maruti Baleno Cross
Maruti Suzuki will debut a new sub-4 metre crossover in our market in 2023 after presenting the updated Brezza. At the 2023 Auto Expo, the business will unveil a new crossover built on the Baleno platform with the codename YTB. Based on the Baleno, the new crossover will only be available through NEXA premium dealerships, whereas the Brezza is sold through the ARENA dealership network. The Futuro-e concept car, unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo, is anticipated to be included in its style. The new crossover will be priced similarly to the Brezza and compete with the Tata Punch, Renault Kiger, and Nissan Magnite.
The interior of the new Maruti Baleno Cross will be similar to that of the Baleno hatchback, but it is anticipated to include more features. According to reports, the new model would be driven by a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder Boosterjet turbo petrol engine with about 100 horsepower and 150 Nm of torque. The base models will probably come with a 1.2L Dualjet petrol engine and a choice of manual or automatic gearboxes.
Toyota crossover (Taisor)
Toyota will also introduce the Baleno Cross-based SUV Coupe for the Indian market, similar to the Hyryder & Grand Vitara. The futuristic vehicle, rumoured to be the Toyota Taisor, might be unveiled at the 2023 Auto Expo. Toyota has already begun testing the new crossover, which is anticipated to go on sale sometime in the first quarter of 2019. The business is also testing the Yaris Cross on Indian roads. The new Toyota Taisor might also borrow certain styling elements from the international Yaris Cross. A 1.0L Boosterjet petrol engine with mild hybrid technology and a 1.2L DualJet petrol engine will be available.
Hyundai mini SUV
Hyundai has begun developing a brand-new compact SUV for the Indian market under the codename Ai3. The mid-2023 launch date for the new model. It will be built on the same Grand i10 Nios platform on which the South Korean micro SUV Casper is built. The Tata Punch, Renault Kiger, and Nissan Magnite will all be competitors of the new design. Hyundai plans to fill the area between the Grand i10 Nios and the Venue with a new small SUV. To do this, Hyundai may delete some top-end and base models of the Grand i10 Nios and the Venue.
The inside of the upcoming Ai3 SUV is anticipated to be shared with the Grand i10 Nios. The tiny SUV is expected to have features including a reverse camera, power windows, auto air conditioning, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone compatibility. It will most likely be propelled by a 1.2-litre gasoline engine with 82 horsepower and 114 Nm of torque. A 5-speed manual and an AMT are likely to be transmission options. The little SUV could be offered with a CNG option.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be