The new generation Verna has been undergoing extensive road testing by Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) for many months. Recent spy images have confirmed the test mule’s evolution as it appears to be in a very early stage near production. The brand-new Verna is anticipated to make its global premiere at the 2023 Auto Expo and is likelier to go on sale in March or April of that same year.
The new-generation Verna is one of the significant launches the South Korean car giant has planned for 2023. It will go through various changes both inside and exterior, and the features list will be packed with cutting-edge technologies. The Sensuous Sportiness design aesthetic is used in the midsize vehicle with the internal codename BN7.
Some distinctive stylistic modifications include the more pronounced front grille, new LED headlamps and full-width LED tail lamps, larger dimensions, more aggressive cuts and creases, a muscular bonnet structure, a larger trunk, newly designed alloy wheels, etc.
The segment-leading Honda City, VW Virtus, and Skoda Slavia will be its main rivals, and it is anticipated to cost between Rs. 10.5 lakh and Rs. 17.5 lacks (ex-showroom). The 1.5-litre four-cylinder CRDI diesel engine will not be present in the new Verna due to the impending stricter RDE pollution rules, which would impact performance.
The current 1.5-litre four-cylinder NA petrol engine will likely continue to put out 115 horsepower at its maximum and 144 Nm at its maximum torque. The 1.5-litre four-pot turbo unit from the worldwide stable could be used instead of the 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine.
It could produce approximately 160 horsepower and 253 Nm when mated to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT. The 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engines that are available in the Virtus and Slavia models and produce 150 horsepower and 250 Nm will undoubtedly be directly competed against by the new powerplant for Hyundai.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be