There is good news for Thar lovers. You will soon get a new powertrain option for Mahindra Thar. Along with this, a new variant will also be available. The Thar is set to get a 1.5-litre diesel engine, which will join the current line-up of 2.2-litre diesel and 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engines. Adding the 1.5-litre diesel engine will also help the Thar move into a lower tax bracket because it is less than 4 meters long. The Thar 1.5 diesel was showcased to dealers in November this year at an event in Igatpuri, Maharashtra.
According to the auto website Autocar India report, a 1497 cc engine can be used in this new entry-level variant Thar, also available in Mahindra Marazzo. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox with no automatic option. Apart from this, this engine will come only in 2WD form and will not get a 4WD system. This system is seen on the more expensive Thar 2.2L diesel.
Spy shots of the Thar 1.5 diesel interior also reveal that a new storage console has replaced the low-range gear lever on the centre console.
BesidesBesides the new 1.5-litre diesel engine, Mahindra will also offer a 2WD variant with the 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the Thar. Similar to the 1.5-litre diesel 2WD, the Thar 2.0 petrol 2WD will only be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
When Mahindra introduced the discontinued Thar AX, the entry-level soft top variant equipped with a 2.0-litre petrol engine was priced at Rs 9.8 lakh. On the other hand, the price of AX with 2.2 diesel manual and 4WD was Rs. 10.2 lakhs. With the discontinuation of the 4WD and a smaller 1.5-litre unit, Mahindra can take advantage of the small engine offering. Thar 1.5 diesel 2WD can be around Rs 10-11 lakh. This price can be of its entry-level variant.
Mahindra Thar 2D may be launched next year
According to reports, the Thar 2WD small with a 1.5-litre diesel and 2.0 petrol could go on sale sometime next year, i.e. in January 2023. In January, Maruti Suzuki will unveil the five-door Jimny at the Auto Expo 2023. However, this time Mahindra will not be present at the Auto Expo.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be