The year 2022 was significant for the auto industry. During this, many new cars were launched in the country, and customers made purchases, but this year the production of many cars also stopped forever.
Let us see which cars have been discontinued this year.
The Volkswagen Polo made its India debut at the Auto Expo 2010. The company has sold more than 2.5 lakh units of this premium hatchback Polo in India, the highest for itself. However, service and spare parts will be available to all Polo owners for the next 10 years.
Toyota Urban Cruiser
Toyota has discontinued its Urban Cruiser SUV. This car was the rebadged version of Maruti Suzuki’s old Vitara Brezza. This car was available in the market in 6 trims.
Mahindra Alturas G4
Mahindra has discontinued the production of its full-size SUV Alturas G4 for the Indian market. The company has de-listed the vehicle from its website, and bookings for the SUV have been put on hold. It was the most expensive car of the company to date.
Elantra is a premium sedan from Hyundai. The company has quietly closed it. It gets a 2.0-litre petrol engine; its starting price was Rs 15.9 lakh.
Datsun GO, GO Plus and Redi GO
Nissan India discontinued its Datsun brand in April this year, and with it, the GO, GO+ and RediGO models were also discontinued from the market.
Along with the Polo hatchback, Volkswagen also discontinued the Vento sedan. Instead, the company has launched Virtus in the Indian market, which is bigger and more premium.
Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
Maruti Suzuki has recently removed the S-Cross SUV from its official website. The S-Cross arrived in the Indian market in 2015 as the first car sold through Maruti’s premium Nexa franchise.
Renault Duster made its India debut in 2012. It was one of the most successful products of the company. Its sale has also stopped in India now.
The Hyundai Santro was brought back to India once after it was discontinued in 2014 but was discontinued again in 2022 due to low sales.
Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS and Hyundai Aura Diesel
With the implementation of BS6 norms, Hyundai has also discontinued the sale of its Grand i10 Nios and Hyundai Aura diesel. Both these models were offered with a 1.2-litre three-cylinder diesel engine.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be