India is witnessing the growth of two-wheeler EVs (electric vehicles) thanks to rising petrol prices. Major two-wheeler manufacturers, including Hero, Honda, TVS and Bajaj, are all set to launch a range of electric bikes and scooters to tap into the market. Yamaha Motor India will join the EV bandwagon with the new Neo e-scooter already on sale in selected global markets.
Speaking to an online media publication, Ishin Chihana, President of Yamaha India, has revealed that the company is preparing an electric scooter platform for India. While the thermal management process will take a little longer, the Japanese two-wheeler maker will initially import Yamaha Neo electric scooters into the country. The vehicle’s battery pack and electric motor will be retuned to suit Indian riding conditions.
These features will also be present.
It has LED lighting, a fully digital LCD instrument console with smartphone connectivity, smart key integration, and telescopic front and monoshock rear suspension. The Yamaha electric scooter offers 27 litres of storage space under the seat. The Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer plans to reintroduce the Yamaha RX100 motorcycle with a modern design and a bigger engine.
The company says the new RX100 should be an impressive package with a powerful engine and design. While more details have yet to be revealed, the bike will likely be powered by the Yamaha R15 V4’s 155cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine. The new Yamaha RX100 India launch is likely to happen after 2026.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be