The TVS company is preparing to introduce new electric two-wheeler models after updating its iQube electric scooter line last year. In a recent interview with investors, the company’s director and CEO, K N Radhakrishnan, disclosed that many new electric models in various market sectors would be introduced over the following 18 months. These models will range in power output from 5 to 25 kW.
This suggests that TVS would enter the high-end electric two-wheeler market and introduce electric motorcycles. The new versions will likely be positioned above the iQube, which has a 4.4kW motor as its power source. Additionally, a motorbike form factor would be predictable, given that outputs can reach 25kW.
Radhakrishnan did not elaborate when asked if the models would have fixed or swappable battery packs, only saying that the next items would “please customers.” It’s noteworthy that the concept of swappable/removable batteries was not completely disregarded, even though we can only infer a little from this.
The iQube is already one of the best-selling high-speed EVs on the market, and TVS says it aims to maintain this success. The new launches should help TVS retain momentum. TVS is currently managing to more than double its EV sales every quarter. Additionally, Radhakrishnan mentioned that a new ICE would launch this quarter, though again, more specifics needed to be provided. This is likely a modification or upgrade to an existing model.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be