Within the “next 12 quarters,” TVS Motor Company intends to increase the range of electric two-wheelers it offers (i.e. 3 years). K N Radhakrishnan, CEO of TVS, stated in a recent analyst meeting that the business wants to have electric vehicles in “every segment” and will adjust its EV strategy proactively on both the local and international fronts. The domestic two-wheeler manufacturer will launch its new electric models in numerous industrialised countries, including the US, Europe, and Japan, as well as its current export markets.
He added that the following electric model from TVS will be a “nice bike with the participation of BMW, which we create, and it is for the worldwide market.” The company will raise TVS iQube e-scooter production to 25,000 units by March 2023 in addition to working on its new EV product. For the electric scooter, the company currently has 25,000 reservations.
The TVS iQube was introduced in January 2020 and updated in the middle of 2022.
The scooter has a range of 75km on a full charge thanks to its 3.4kWh battery and 4.4kW electric motor. The larger 5.1kWh battery was included in the iQube ST model, which offers the most range. It maintains a top speed of 82 kmph and a maximum speed of 78 kmph (the basic model in Power mode) while accelerating from 0 to 40 kmph in 4.2 seconds (top-end ST variant).
Along with a reverse mode, the scooter has two riding modes: economy and power. The regenerative braking system has improved it. With the iQube, the company provides three charging options: 650W, 950W, and 1.5W.
The e-scooter has a “next-gen TVs SmartXonnect platform” with a 5.0-inch TFT instrument cluster and the TVS iQube app. Both give the user access to services, including remote battery charge status, geo-fencing, navigation assistance, incoming phone alerts/SMS notifications, last park position, and more. Currently, it is available in three colours: Titanium Grey Glossy, Shining Red, and Pearl White.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be