Mumbai-based electric vehicle startup Liger Mobility unveiled two electric scooters on the first day of Auto Expo 2023. They claim to come with the world’s first self-balancing technology. The company has said that it will open bookings for the Liger X and X+ electric scooters by mid-2023, while deliveries are expected to begin later this year. Furthermore, the company aims to start exporting these two-wheelers by mid-2025. Although the company has not disclosed its prices at the moment, according to media reports, after implementing the FAME-2 subsidy, the price of Liger X will be around Rs 90,000 (ex-showroom).
The EV firm claims that this industry-first technology will ensure better rider safety, comfort and convenience than any scooter available globally. Auto-Balancing or Self-Balancing Technology can be activated or deactivated at low speed with a push of a button.
The Liger X and Liger X+ get a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery pack, which is claimed to have been developed for Indian weather conditions. The battery has advanced algorithms that ensure thermal safety and future maintenance. The electric mobility startup hasn’t revealed the specifications of the scooters yet but has claimed that both the EVs have a top speed of 65 kmph. The Liger X promises a driving range of 60 km on a single full charge. While the Liger X+ promises a range of 100 km on a single full charge.
The Liger X gets a detachable battery pack that can be fully charged in less than three hours. While the Liger X+ comes with a non-detachable battery pack that takes around 4.5 hours to charge fully. The manufacturer offers fast charging options for both scooters at an additional cost. Both electric scooters also have features like reversing buttons, learner mode and over-the-air (OTA) software updates.
In terms of looks and design, the Liger X and Liger X+ share a similar design that blends the retro theme with modern features. The scooter gets inverted delta-shaped LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights, LED taillight and LED turn indicators, a full digital TFT instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion rider, and chunky grab rails. Both scooters are equipped with 4G and GPS. The Liger X+ is claimed to get a turn-by-turn navigation feature. The EV maker claims that apart from this, it will allow the rider to check phone calls and read messages on the scooter’s TFT display. These electric scooters come in 5 colour options. Both the EVs get beefy tires that run on alloy wheels.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be