Buoyed by the overwhelming response Royal Enfield has been receiving from buyers for its new models, the company is now gearing up to launch a wide range of new motorcycles in the Indian market. The company is developing a new 450cc platform, which will be used to develop Five (5) bikes, including the new Himalayan 450 and a new naked bike. In addition, Royal Enfield is planning to expand its 650cc motorcycle range globally.
Royal Enfield has officially announced the launch of the new Super Meteor 650 in the country in January 2023. The company is also testing a new Classic 650 and Shotgun 650 based on the SG650 concept. Besides this, Royal Enfield is also developing a new Bullet 650 and a faired Continental GT 650. Interestingly, Royal Enfield is also developing a new Scrambler 650 and an all-new Himalayan 650.
Leaked documents suggest that the new Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler will be launched in 2024. Whereas the Himalayan 650 will arrive in early 2025. Before these two motorcycles, Royal Enfield will launch the Classic 650, Shotgun 650, and Continental GT 650 in 2023 and the Bullet 650 early 2024.
Royal Enfield Scram or Scrambler 650 has been spotted testing in India. This suggests that the motorcycle could be launched sometime in 2023. The model spotted was equipped with spoke wheels, USD front forks, an interceptor-like fuel tank, round halogen turn indicators, a single-piece seat, and a round LED tail light and headlamp.
Royal Enfield’s 650cc platform is heavy, comprehensive, and unlikely to suit off-roading needs. For off-roading, the bike needs to be light and agile. Royal Enfield will need to make some changes to reduce the overall weight of the motorcycle. The latest cruiser from the brand, the Super Meteor 650, weighs 241 kg which is 39 kilograms heavier than the Interceptor 650.
The new motorcycles will come with a 648cc, air-cooled, parallel twin SOHC engine, which will likely be tweaked for the Himalayan and Scram. While powering the Super Meteor 650, the 648cc engine generates 47 bhp power and 52 Nm torque.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be