According to a recent media report, Royal Enfield may soon introduce the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 with tubeless tires and new colour schemes. Along with this, alloy wheels will also be given in it. This update can come into the market as a new variant. This bike currently comes in the market with a wire-spoke wheel model. Its riding experience can be better with tubeless alloy wheels. The updated Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT are expected to get OBD2 emission-compliant engines.
When will it be launched?
The new Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 are expected to be launched by the end of March 2023. The price of this bike can be around Rs. 12,000 more than its current model. The current ex-showroom price of the new Royal Continental GT 650 is Rs 3.05 lakh. The RE Interceptor 650 is priced between Rs 2.9 lakh and Rs 3.14 lakh. No other changes are expected in the bike.
How is the engine?
Both these Royal Enfield motorcycles currently get a 648cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled engine with a SOHC setup. This engine produces 47.45 PS of maximum power at 7,150rpm and 52 Nm of torque at 5,250rpm. For transmission, it has been given a 6-speed gearbox. Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 comes in a total of 6 colour options: Ventura Blue, Orange Crush, Downtown Drag, Canyon Red, Sunset Strip, and Baker Express. While the Continental GT 650 comes in 6 paint schemes, namely Rocker Red, Dux Deluxe, British Racing Green, Black Magic, Mr Clean and Ventura Storm.
These models are about to be launched.
Royal Enfield has announced the launch of many new models in the coming times. The company’s lineup includes the new generation Royal Enfield Bullet 350, a new 350cc bobber based on the Classic, 5 new 450cc bikes and 6 new 650cc models. The upcoming 650cc range includes models like the Shotgun 650, Scrambler 650, Himalayan 650, Bullet 650 and Continental GT 650.
Competes with Kawasaki Z650
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 competes in the Indian market with the Kawasaki Z650, a street bike. It is available in 1 variant and 1 colour only. It gets a 649cc BS6 engine, which generates 67.31 bhp power and 64 Nm torque.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be