Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India has announced the launch of the new Honda Activa Smart on January 23. This scooter will be an intelligent edition of the company’s Activa. Currently, Activa is the best-selling petrol scooter in the country.
The weight of the new Honda Activa Smart is about 1 kg less than the standard and DLX of the current Activa. The company has yet to share much information about this scooter. Full details about it will be available only at the time of its launch. Currently available in the market, the engine installed in its current variant generates a power of 7.79hp, while the power of 7.84hp will be available in the new variant.
The word Smart added to the name of this scooter could be for a new anti-theft system, which is likely to be found in this new scooter. This could be an affordable version of the Honda Ignition Security System or H.I.S.S., found in the company’s costlier bikes. Equipped with this new anti-theft system, this scooter can join the ranks of other Honda bikes like Shine.
This new Honda scooter will compete with T.V.S. Jupiter, whose starting price is Rs 73,097, and its top model is available at Rs 87,923. Its 6 variants and 16 colour options are available in the market. T.V.S. Jupiter gets a 109.7cc BS6 engine, which can generate power of 7.77 bhp and torque of 8.8 Nm. It gets a combined braking system with drum brakes on both the front and rear wheels. The weight of this scooter is 107 kg, and its fuel tank capacity is 6 litres.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be