The Yamaha RX100 was one of the most recognisable motorcycles produced by the firm from 1985 to 1996 in India. The bike has long been praised for its lightweight construction, excellent performance, and reasonable price. It was quite well-liked by drag racers and auto aficionados. The bike had many changes, ranging from engine tuning to larger carburetors, larger wheels, disc brakes, and faster throttle.
A 98cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with two-stroke technology was built into the RX100. The motor produced a maximum of 10.39Nm of torque and 11bhp of power. Its kerb weight was 98kg, and it had a 4-speed gearbox. The young riders loved the bike’s distinctive exhaust tone. The vehicle was available in three paint colours: Black, Peacock Blue, and Cherry Red.
The Japanese two-wheeler confirmed in July 2022 that it would reintroduce the venerable Yamaha RX100 in India. It will be a modernised version of the original bike with a larger displacement engine. The new RX100 “should be an impacting package with powerful engine and design,” according to Eishin Chihana, chairman of Yamaha India.
When will Yamaha RX 100 be launched in India?
If reports are to be believed, then this new Yamaha bike will be launched in India by the year 2026, and it will come with an electric motor instead of a petrol engine. Demand for electric bikes is increasing in the country, and the launch of the Yamaha RX 100 with an electric motor is considered a better option for the company. On the other hand, if the company presents this bike with a petrol engine, it will have to be launched with BS7 norms. But the new Yamaha RX 100 will be an electric vehicle. Because by the year 2026, the demand for electric vehicles in the country is expected to increase much more than at present.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be